Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Rih-Vember...

November has to be the month of Rihanna, and this week has to be it's golden week. Here she is looking fucking beautiful on the cover of Glamour, the December issue. You rarely see her smile these days, so I'm in love with this cover. Along with the hype of her new album coming out, she's also speaking out. Peep a little excerpt of her interview from the mag:

"Domestic violence is a big secret. No kid goes around and lets people know their parents fight. Teenage girls can’t tell their parents that their boyfriend beat them up. You don’t dare let your neighbor know that you fight. It’s one of the things we [women] will hide, because it’s embarrassing. My story was broadcast all over the world for people to see, and they have followed every step of my recovery. The positive thing that has come out of my situation is that people can learn from that. I want to give as much insight as I can to young women, because I feel like I represent a voice that really isn’t heard. Now I can help speak for those women."

I've found a new respect for Rihanna just by this little piece. I'm real proud of her. I didn't even expect her to talk, and I still respected her not to after the situation. But I'm glad she did. She's kinda like a hero! =)


AND Riri also released her first video of her album, Rated R, for her song "Wait Your Turn". I must say I love it. Very gritty, its a dark black & white but nothing to scary. Peeeep!

No comments:

Post a Comment