Wednesday, October 14, 2009

All in Your Ear...

A bunch of new music indeed...

First off, I got this marvelous new track from N.E.R.D. featuring Santogold entitled "Soldier". This upbeat song didn't disappoint me like I thought it would, a very hype song I must say. Santogold's voice just flows so well on this track. This is the first time the two eclectic artists have joined forces. If you can remember some time last year they collabarated on "My Drive-Thru" as a bonus track for N.E.R.D.'s album, Seeing Sounds. This track is to be featured on the soundtrack to the TV series, 90210, which dropped today. Tell me what you guys think, because I think its rad!


Next up is the talented and handsome Robin Thicke. He is well-known for his sweet falsetto voice and smooth music. "Sex Therapy" is a different sound coming from Robin but still has his suave sound. I personally LOVE it. I love the 808's pounding in my ear. Definitely a sexy track. The track was produced by Polow Da Don and is supposed to be the first single from Thicke's upcoming 4th album set to be released by the end of the year. This is a MUST-HEAR!


An unlikely duet in my opinion but hey, that's music for ya. Plies and Keri Hilson clashed together for his song "Medicine". I really like to hear Plies voice on these sweet sound yet griddy-having beats songs. Not quite sure if this will be on his upcoming album, Goon Affiliated. However for some reason, that just doesn't sound like Keri to me. My ears never lie to me. Keri or not, I dig the song.


This one is for all my MJ fans. Although the sudden death of Michael Jackson shocked us all, in some sort of way, he made sure he would never leave us thru his music. And with his new movie, This Is It, coming out, it was only right to released never before heard tracks for the fans. "This Is It" is a sweet song, an enjoyable song that you can expect from MJ. The two-disc album, Michael Jackson's This Is It, will be released later this month around the same time his movie will be in theatre's worldwide only for two weeks. For more info, click here to his official website.


Last night, I have the talented singer/songwriter Kandi Burruss. Although recently, she's been in headlines because of the sudden death of her fiance, her track "Fly Above" was released in its full nature. I've heard snippets of the song while watching her on TV, and I thought it was a cool song. The song is the lead single for her upcoming album, B.L.O.G., set to be released next month. Hopefully, through everything she's going thru, she can eventually "fly above" it. Take a listen guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment