Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11

On September 11th, 2001, it was my 3rd day of being in the 7th grade. It was a pretty day out, way better than it is now in NY 8 years later. The day seemed to begin to be weird when my English teach got a call from someone and started crying. When lunchtime came around, I expected to go outside for recess. However, my dean told my whole grade we couldn't. Of course as young kids, we wondered why. We couldn't have done anything in 3 days for us to get in so much trouble that the whole 7th grade couldn't go outside (we probably would have done some bad shit). He then told us that the twin towers were bombed or something like that and we couldn't go outside because the ashes from the impact floated towards our school yard. I was hella confused and sad. At that timed I was bummed because they bombed my favorite buildings. However, as time went bad, it was much more than that.

Obviously 9/11 is one of those days in our lives where we will never forget where we were. But I don't wanna get sappy. I like to think of the happy days of those pretty towers. When as a short little kid, I looked up and thought they were falling on me LOL! Or if my mom or brother drove on Paerdegat North, I saw the very top of them in front of the sunset. Cool shit. Passing there these days, now known as Ground Zero, is kinda creepy. It's just a big ol lot. To think, TWO BIG ASS BUILDINGS once stood there. Smh crazy stuff. However, the aftermath of it brought the whole country together. NYC was real nice for a bit. They totally didn't bring us down. NYC is still the city that doesn't sleep. I love my insomnia ass city. =)

RIP WTC

No comments:

Post a Comment