Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Let's Take It Back...

If I'm in a throwback mood, excuse me but fuck it. Who doesn't like throwbacks?? The shit that sets you back when you were young?? Anywhoo, I really wna talk about that good ol sound of New Jack Swing. Most of you are wondering, WTF IS A NEW JACK SWING?? Let Ren teach you a thing or two, but don't get tight if it aint all right LOL! New Jack Swing emerged like around the late 1980s- early 1990s, when most of my peers where too young to even care about their 1st-3rd birthday party. So any old R&B that came out at that time probably had a the New Jack Swing sound. Most say it was created by Teddy Riley, you know, the "ALL I WANNA DO IS A ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM...", Blackstreet guy? Yea, him. Some of the artists that had that sound was Bobby Brown, TLC, New Edition, Keith Sweat just to name a few. A prime and favorite example of that New Jack Swing sound is BBD's "Poison".DEADASSSSSSSS, who don't love that song. Imma leave a playlist I found basically having almost every New Jack Swing song. So, if your ready to go back in time, go ahead! =] Ciao!

1 comment: