Thursday, May 21, 2009

Artist Highlight: Electrik Red

Lets talk about these back-up dancers turned girl group, Electrik Red. At first, I was like "WTF? WHAT'S GOIN ON? MUSIC VIDEOS NOT ENOUGH?". But immediately after I was hatin on them, I started to actually like them AND their music. If you didn't know, they're signed to Radio Killa, by The-Dream. They remind me of a 2009 version of Vanity 6. If you don't know who Vanity 6 is, do your research kiddies (that throwback post soon come tho!). Anyway, they're kinda raunchy, cursing here & there, an IDGAF attitude, but sexy, pretty girl nonetheless. The-Dream could be a weird up-to-date Prince. He gets his sound down packed very well. Anywhoo, I kinda like these girls. Their songs are kinda poppin like "We Fuck You", "Drink In My Cup", "Glamour Girl" and the single featuring Lil Wayne, "So Good (Remix)". I love their bad ass attitude. You guys should take a listen if you like the sounds of Prince, Vanity 6, The-Dream, pop-rock-funk-crunk type stuff. And with that said, I got a new song from them. It's called "Go Shawty". It's a real sexy song. Dirty talk & all, just what I like! Tell me what you think. How To Be A Lady Vol. 1 hits stores May 26th.

No comments:

Post a Comment