Friday, July 17, 2009

THROWBACK VIDEO! SUMMER EDITION!

I'm gonna be bringing flashbacks of my memories (and some of yours) of summers past ALL summer. This one is a 90's joint for the ladies! Lil Kim was like the hot nasty bitch (or Queen B) of the industry at that time. She did a feel good summer jam for the ladies when she united with fellow female rappers Da Brat, Missy Elliott, Angie Martinez and the late Left-Eye to make "Not Tonight", a remake of Kool & the Gang's "Ladies Night".

I had to be at least 8 when this came out. The most "Ladies Night" I was having was slumber parties. However, I LOVED this song, still do. Maybe it was the remake of the 70's song, I'm sucha 70's jive turkey! Maybe it was the fact that female rappers came together instead of beefin' (except Foxy Brown). Then the video had all these muscle men catering to the women, OWWW! I'd love to see some female MC's come together and make a song like this nowadays. But I don't think that's gonna happen. So, for now, I'll go back to the 90's & jam.


No comments:

Post a Comment